Love people or just do the work

I think 10 years ago I would have been more concerned about only doing the work, especially with 1 day left before a big event. But, this year I was thinking about some of the people we bring in for our event and how I might serve them a little. One, in particular, is the guy that does our simulcasting. He's a solo guy, doesn't have a team he works with, so when he gets here through his last day he's kind of on his own.

So my and wife talked and decided to invite him for dinner with our family last night. Just to give him at least one night over the next 5 nights with someone for dinner. I really enjoyed it. I hope he did... we have 3 little kids.

My point. I think I used to not think about people much at all. I still have a long ways to go, but I'm trying to think more about people and serving them alongside working hard and doing good work. So, I may have a busier day today because we hosted someone last night for a couple hours and made a meal, but I'm learning people are more important than tasks and I want to keep pushing myself in this.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure