The internet is down

We've been having internet issues at our office over the last few days. When it happens a lot of productivity goes down because we have become so reliant upon the internet. Everything is connected to it.

It got me thinking what if the internet all of sudden became closed? What I mean is only certain people could access it. Somehow privileged people. With the reliance that we now have on the internet for many things... shopping, bills, orders, information, entertainment, communication, etc. I could see this making life for those not given access extremely difficult. But, I could also see something like this happening at some point. It's a little scary to start thinking about.

This also spurred another thought just for myself and my family. Maybe we have an internet free night once a week just because. To maybe help break us of our thinking that we need to have access to the internet all the time.

When the internet goes down. Because sometimes it does. What do you do?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure