February 14th - You are the one

What words come to mind when you think of Valentine's Day?

"I love you" is probably what most would say.

Today is a day I think of my wife. Perhaps just a little more than I already do. And I do love her, but it's way more than 3 words.

You're the one I can talk to about my day. You're the one that's with our kids more than anyone else. You're the one that figures out most of the food we will eat. You're the one that keeps our house in order. You're the one that helps make sure our bills are paid. You're the one that makes sure we get in on good deals. You're the one that keeps us all on schedule throughout the week. You're the one that comes up with creative ideas for our kids and teaches them new things during the day. You're the one that found our house in Morton. You're the one that remembers things when I forget them. You're the one that helps me see my sin when I get angry or frustrated. You're the one that gets us good deals on Starbucks coffee. You're the one that I like to hold hands with. You're the one that I want to kiss when I leave or enter our home. You're the one that helps make sure I look presentable. You're the filter that I can run things through. You're the one that helps me recognize my needs versus wants.

You are the one.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure