People like seeing people

I was getting my teeth cleaned by my wife (always have to throw that in there) yesterday at the dentist's office. They have TVs on the ceiling so you can watch something as you're getting your teeth cleaned. But, the TVs have a slideshow playing. And the slideshow is of the dentist's vacations and then there's trivia. All the photos don't show any people it's just scenery. Honestly, it's pretty boring.

I said if you're gonna make me watch a slideshow why don't you at least put people in it from the office? Put photos of their families in there. I would enjoy seeing that. It gives a more personal connection to the office.

Maybe I'll run it by the dentist. I think it's true though... people like seeing people. In marketing, people tend to resonate much more with photos of happy people than with images that don't have people in them, even if it's a beautiful landscape.

Popular posts from this blog

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure

Be brave and ask for help