4 out of 5 up before 6

It's been a rough morning this morning.

Starting at sometime after 3AM, Mac woke up. That woke up Josie. And those two kept me and my wife up. I like getting up early, but not when everybody else is up. There's something about some alone time in the morning that I really enjoy. It's quiet and I can think.

I didn't get that this morning, until now. It's 6AM now and Mac is sleeping and Josie fell asleep on the couch. My wife and I are still up, but I'm not feeling quite as driven as I usually am on my own. It took some time in prayer to focus my heart on my need for God to help me to have a good attitude. I didn't want to be up with the kids. I didn't want to get my daughter a drink. I didn't want to change my son's diaper or hold him. I just wanted what I wanted.

God help me to not just be about me.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure