A good day?

How do you gauge your day? If it was good or bad?

Most days a good day for me is sadly based on whether or not I got praise from other people. If someone tells me that the work I'm doing means something or that they think it's awesome that is huge for me. But if I get little positive feedback I typically don't think the day was that great.

The other thing I tend to think makes a good day is a lot of accomplishments. Did I get a lot done? Did I get a large project checked off the list? So on the days when it's slow or I don't have much that is crucial I don't feel like the day was as good.

But why should my day be based on the praise of others or the worth of my accomplishments? I don't think it should. I don't think these things are inherently bad, but if I'm gauging my day based on these things I don't think that's good. They're also all about me.


God help me to see this more clearly. Help me to understand what good days really consist of. Help me to make my days more about serving others than serving myself.

Let's make it a good day.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure