A phone call

I texted Tom yesterday. Our next-door neighbor in Gulf Shores. And within minutes I got a phone call.

He's probably around my parents' age and instead of just texting me back he wanted to give me a call. I simply asked him how it was going down there with our renters so far and he could have replied it's going pretty good or something short and sweet. But, he gave me a call and talked for about 10 minutes filling me in on how great they have been. He said, "I don't know where you're finding these people or how you're deciding who to rent to, but they have been great people so far. We are so thankful."

He said they've introduced themselves to every family that's stayed there so far and they've really enjoyed getting know them. He did mention that we had a mechanical failure (our dryer) went out he was told by one of the renters. But it's great to know we have someone down there that's watching what's going on at our property!

I was so glad we texted him... and he called me.

My point here is sometimes a phone call is way better than a text. Maybe you should just call someone today.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure