Conflict... I don't really like it

Do you disagree with what someone is saying? How do you handle it? Are you right? Are you sure? Is there are a right to the argument? Why do you get so uptight?

These are all questions for me. A lot of this is my personality. I don't enjoy conflict. Many times I might even sit back and listen instead of jump in. And it depends... I'll give my input if asked or even if not asked. But, if I strongly disagree I sometimes lose my tactfulness. Especially with my family or people I'm around regularly.

But why do I take it so personally? I think it's because I want things to be fair. If it doesn't seem fair or there are rules that have been established and they're going to be changed and I've been following them I don't like it.

Writing this down seems silly, but I think there's truth here as to some of what goes on in my head around conflict. I'd say another part of it is just sin. I want to be right. I want to be a hero. I want to be the one people agree with and when they don't I don't like it.

Conflict... yeah not one of my favorite things.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure