Do I really know what I'm doing?

I can be such a perfectionist. I want to do things well to a fault.

I have picked up photography over the last year or so and I've learned a lot, but I still feel like I have so much to learn. Case in point yesterday we decided to take photos of our family and I had in my head we're only gonna take 10 photos or so and they're gonna be really good. Well, they turned out OK. I used a timer and had it only take one photo each time, where I probably should have had it take at least 5. And I shot manual. They weren't bad, but maybe they could have done better.

I drive my wife a little crazy with it all because she just wants me to shoot automatic and just shoot a ton of photos. That drives me crazy. Then in the middle of it all, I think am I actually doing this right? Are my settings right? I still feel like I have a long way to go. But I'm gonna keep trying. I have learned a lot and I like to think I'm getting better.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure