My 3-year-old can do it!

It took me and my wife bribing my son first with the promise of a couple bites of chocolate to get him to try. But what put him over the edge was the cheers of the neighbor girls.

Our 3-year-old son learned to ride a bike last night! It took more work with him than it did with our 5-year-old a couple weeks ago because Baer didn't really know how to pedal. But, once he started getting the hang of it and once he knew the neighbor girls were watching he was all in and he started riding his bike.

It's been interesting to watch the motivations of our two oldest. Josie got in her mind she was going to ride a bike and she did it. No coaxing from us at all. Baer on the other hand needing a lot of persuading, bribing, and cheering. I noticed he said, "I can't do it." I lot through the process of teaching him to ride. But he could and he did.

Another big thank you to some other neighbors of ours, Ben and Sarah, for giving us the bike that both Josie and Baer have now learned on. If it wasn't for that bike I don't know that our kids would already be riding bikes.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure