Sleepovers

I remember as a kid loving them, but as an adult, not so much.

But about every 6 months or so I say it's time to pull out the inflatable mattresses and let the older kids sleep in a tent, the basement, or the family room with me. They love it! Usually, it's a day of excitement for them where they can hardly contain themselves. For me, well I need to learn to enjoy their excitement and channel that energy into more than something that annoys me. I should be glad their excited... that I came up with something that they enjoy. We watched a movie, had sherbert, and then told silly stories for a little bit. It always takes a bit for them to wind down.

Then they are out... and I usually am able to sleep for a while on those mattresses and then I'm usually awake, not able to sleep well. But I made it through another one and 6 months or less from now we'll probably do it again.

Hopefully this next time I can better enjoy the moments leading up to it as their excitement builds.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure