Why complain?

Yesterday I mentioned something about the chairs in our kitchen and how I see more scratches continuing to show up on our floor from them. I know I've mentioned it quite a few times because yesterday my daughter said something to me about having said it many times. To which my wife also agreed.

So, why do I keep saying something about it? I know this isn't the only thing on repeat for me. Why not just take care of it? Or stop talking about it?

It makes me think of the Israelites in the wilderness as the complained not about scratches on the kitchen floor, but about the food, they had to eat. And God called what they were doing sin. And they were punished for it.

Why do we complain? Does it make things better? Does it make me feel better? Does it make anyone else feel better? Sometimes it might make us feel better about ourselves, but it really never builds up. Most of the time I don't even think I notice it sadly. But, what the antidote? Is it to just take care of the problem? Well, that might be part of it... but I think the real antidote is thankfulness.

With the kitchen floor scratches. Yes, I should probably look for something different to put under the chairs. But, why not be thankful that I have more than myself at home that's worried about scratches on the floor. Be thankful for my wife and the 3 kids that I have around to talk with and share my life with. Who knows I may be the one making all the scratches on the flooring. And if I'm not and it is others in my family that wear on the floor is a sign of lives that are precious. That God has given me to shepherd.

So when you're tempted to complain turn it around be thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure