4 days away from 41

I'm over halfway to 80 now. The average life expectancy for a male in the U.S. is 78.5 years. So I'm over halfway home.

But, am I living like it?

I'm not talking about did I accomplish some great task. Or earn a bunch of money. I'm asking myself the question at the end of each day what was my life about? If I only have another 40 years to live what am I spending my time on? Typically it's a lot of tasks, stuff, myself, what I want. How much time do I spend thinking about my kids and my wife? What should I be teaching them? What about my neighbors? Am I sharing the good news of Jesus with them? Or am I focused on work? Am I wasting time?

God, today, help me to be more concerned about others than myself. Help me to think about how my family can serve you and others better and more. Help us to be more generous with what you've given us. Let us not be hoarders of what you've given us, both materially and spiritually.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure