Brand new or used?

Are you happier if you get brand new things versus used things? Would you ever give your kids used toys for their birthday? What if they were your olds toys?

We have. I'm not sure how much longer we'll do it. Our oldest just turned 5 and we gave her some doll clothes that were my wife's as a kid along with an unopened Barbie from when she was a kid as well. And we gave her some play furniture that was also my wife's. I don't think that she was any less happy about her gifts than she would have been if we had spent a bunch of money on her gifts for her birthday this year.

Now when she turns 10 we probably won't be trying to repurpose gifts from my wife's childhood still, but for now and for how short of time they usually play with toys I think it's ok. I think I may have written a post before about this because if it was up to me I probably would go out and by new. But why?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure