Mowing the yard

It probably takes me 20 minutes to mow our yard... 30 max. So what do I think about during that time? Sometimes I'll listen to a podcast, but I haven't lately. And I can't tell you what I usually think about while I mow. It seems like a lot of times I'm looking at the yard and thinking about things I can't do anything about at the amount. Like hoping that the weed killer I put down kills everything that I'm seeing. Hoping the grass is going to come in thicker this year. Thinking about the mulching that should happen. Or the tree trimming that I should probably do. And then it's over.

Then I think about similar things the next week as I mow.

What if I just tried to focus on something else other than the yard while I mow? Pray for my family. Make some plans for what we should do with the kids that evening instead of adding more things to my yard to-do-list.

Or I could just start listening to podcasts again.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure