The quiet of the morning

I'm still struggling to get up as early as I would like to... although I'm still up before my kids.

And there's something about the early morning quiet that's so peaceful. To get up and make a cup of coffee. Grab a blanket. Open my computer and read God's word, read a blog, write my blog, and check email. This morning it must be sprinkling outside because I can hear a slight trickle in the downspout. Everything is really green out the window. There's a faint glow from one lamp on in the living room. My wife is on the other couch doing her bible study. This is why I enjoy getting up early.

It's time to think. Before lots of things start happening. Before 3 kids are up. Before I'm thinking about what work needs to happen today. It's time to pray. It's time to prioritize the important things of the day if I get that far.

I enjoy the quiet of the morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure