What helps you in the morning?

Getting around 7 hours of sleep the night before.
Being the first one up. (It's tough for me when a kid wakes me up and they're up at the same time as me. That's what happened this morning.)
Having a cup of coffee.
Having a morning routine.
Sitting on the couch with a blanket over me and my computer.
Reading the Bible.
Reading a blog article.
Writing my blog.
Having a bowl of oatmeal. (or oit-meal as Josie would say)
Having about an hour of quiet really helps me get ready for the day.

Even though most mornings this happens, not every morning do I get myself up early enough or my kids might get up early. When that happens sometimes it's tough to have a good attitude for me. I get impatient quick and lose my cool. It reminds me of how imperfect I am and how much I need Christ. I'm not saying that all of the above things make me good or even make my day good. Christ is what makes me good. I'm able to enjoy the things I listed out above because of how God made me. But just because I do them or don't do them doesn't make my day necessarily better or worse. Much of how my day goes comes down to my dependence on God and my humility in coming to Him for help when I see my pride and selfishness rise up.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure