Recognition and words

Does everyone like to be recognized? I think on some level we do. Probably not all in the same way. Some would love for tons of people to applaud them others may just appreciate a note. But I think there's a little bit in all of us that appreciates some words of encouragement.

I know I do. 

I just received a certificate in the mail yesterday from the parent company I work for. I'm not sure exactly what it means though. It said on it "Above and Beyond Champion". It was sent by one of the VPs of AGCO. I'll have to ask what it's for today at work. It felt pretty good to get that in the mail, but not knowing what it's for or who it's from means a little less.

But, I also received 2 texts from my brother-in-laws last night and this morning saying that the website I just built for our vacation rental property "looks fantastic" and "looks so good". Those probably mean just as much as the certificate knowing it came from them.

When you have an opportunity to say "good job" or that you really appreciate someone's work will you take it? I would encourage you to. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure