Consolidating

One thing that I've done that I wouldn't recommend doing is having 2 financial advisors. It's just awkward and neither knows what the other is doing. Neither knows what the others percentage is and it's not really motivating to them to know that someone else is working on behalf of their client as well.

I realized early on that it was going to be a challenge when I mentioned something to my first financial advisor about having invested some money with another advisor and once that was said it was a little awkward from then on. Neither one has done a bad job for us. I think it just puts them both in a funny place.

But, there's something good that came out of the process for us. That being that we found an advisor that connected with us well and that was able to give advice on some of the things we were considering. I'm thankful for that. There's also another side of consolidating that's good and that's that you're able to get a better return most likely when all the money is working together under one roof.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure