Grandma Geri's 90th birthday

So many, many good memories with you and grandpa like picking raspberries and eating them in your backyard, having popsicles at your place, watching movies in the basement, and having sleepovers with the cousins there. 

I think one of my earliest memories of you, grandma Geri, was calling your phone number when I was around 5 or 6 and my mom left me at home for just a few minutes and my sister Andrea or maybe it was Julie started crying. And you came over right away.

But this is just an example of the kind of Grandma you've been to us growing up. From remembering what my favorite meals were and making them when we came to visit... like your huge crepes filled with all kinds of fruit and whipped cream! I remember you coming down multiple times to Kentucky as well for a band competition or a swim meet (I think you went to a few of our meets any way... my memory is getting bad!) You were always interested in what the grandkids were up to. We always loved coming to visit your place and spending the night!

You made our Christmases special with your way of wrapping, wrapping, and rewrapping up gifts so that we could have fun with the unwrapping game. 

You've always been a good storyteller. Probably one of the best in my opinion. You're quick and witty!

Now, I'm glad that Brittany and I only live a block away now and that we can come to visit you. A recent highlight of time with you was having you and grandpa over for a tea party with our kids. They loved it, and you both played along so well! And I feel like you really get around well still for how old you're getting!

Thanks too for your love for Christ and your desire that your kids and grandkids would know Him too. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure