Trim trim trim

I ended up trimming all of my bushes in the front yesterday afternoon. The front of the house looks so much better now. It was all looking so overgrown before. It felt good to get that task done, but even better was seeing my oldest who is 5 help me. She was working hard pulling weeds and helping me pick up all the trimmings. Last week we started giving our kids a little money and I think that's been a little bit of a motivator for our five-year-old.

So another thing happened yesterday. Our mower died again. I think it might be for good this time. So, I talked to my wife about getting a new one to which she also agree, but our idea of when was not the same. You see I'm ready to get one now where she's looking for the best deal. So we had to talk it through realizing we have different reasons as to why we think the way we do. She brought up a good point that it's about the end of the season and maybe prices may go down on mowers and that we could borrow her parents. I brought up the whole side of time is money and the extra time involved in doing that as well as the value of her time searching for a deal. We just think about things differently. I appreciate that she wants to save us money... I wouldn't wait very long to make a purchase. I think she appreciates that I just want to get things taken care of. But we're still not on the same page exactly. The thing about our conversation yesterday around the mower though was that it didn't end in an argument and we realize we're different. Sometimes she would just shut down and say, "You just figure it out then." This makes me frustrated because I don't want to make decisions without her and it's her way of just throwing it all on me. I'm thankful we were able to resolve it and say we'll get a mower when we get one. She'll look for a deal and I'll be content to figure out a way to get it mowed until we find something that works for us.

Sometimes I wish I was a little more mechanically inclined so I could fix stuff like this. Oh well.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure