Is there a best way?

It's been good working with my family on our rental property because it just again reminds me that we're all different. Just like when you get married you realize that your spouse doesn't think exactly the same way you do, this group of family that owns our rental property doesn't think exactly the same way I do on everything either. But we're able to work together to get the jobs done.

There are certain things that some of us care more about than others and then there are other things that are are the same way. I think I've mentioned before here that I've been working on the lodging tax for our property and it's not as complicated as I thought, but yet I just had to figure it out because none of us knew anything about it before. In figuring it out I really needed to get it into a spreadsheet and I had no clue the best way to do it... I still don't know if I did it the best way, but it makes sense to me and I'm the one reporting/paying it so I guess it's the best way. The other thing is you can always make changes. Most of the time what you're working on isn't set in stone. It might cost you more because you didn't do it a better way, but you learned and that's worth something. 

This is pretty much a ramble here, but my point is sometimes there is a best way, and many times there are many ways to get something done. The best way is to choose a way and just get going.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure