Those little moments

He was sitting on the side of his bed. Opening up books and turning the pages from the back to the front. Looking at every picture. When he was done he would toss the book on the floor. I just sat in the doorway of his room and watched. He had no idea I was there. 

My son is 3 and a half. In that little brief moment in time, I really felt compassion for him. I thought to myself, even though he can be a real stinker he's also so little yet. He has no idea what's going on in our world right now.

I went to my room and just spent a little time in prayer for our kids. Praying that they would come to know the gospel. That they would trust in Christ. That God would protect them from evil as they grow up. That I would lead them well during the little time that I have with them.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure