Day off?

I've been working from home this week and so taking a day off means I'm still at home. Still at home means the kids are all here and it's a little chaotic. Which makes me think of my wife.

Day off? There's rarely a day off unless my wife and I take a day away, which has never happened to date. And dates haven't happened for a while either. Right now I'm sitting at the table and all of us are eating cinnamon rolls. I didn't get up until 6:30AM this morning and so I only got about 20 minutes until kids started waking up. And then the... "I want, I need, Dad, Mom,..." starts.

Today is also September 11th. A day in 2001 I will never forget. It was my second day of work after college at my first full-time job and I remember going into the office, walking over to my cubicle, and seeing a bunch of people gathered around a little tv in someone's office. They were watching the towers in New York City get hit by a plane and explode. I remember our office very quickly shutting down and deciding to walk all the way home instead of taking the train. I remember the rest of the day being a very quiet day. Not a plane in the sky... most people sitting on their front porches. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure