First place

We got a call last night from one of the judges of the Morton Pumpkin Festival pumpkin decorating contest. My daughter right away heard who I was talking to and started jumping up and down and told my wife, "I think my pumpkin won the contest!" She was right. She won first place in the 4 to 6-year-old age group.

She was so pumped that she couldn't hardly control herself. We're not sure what she actually wins, but we go to pick up her prize today at the Chamber of Commerce. She worked on decorating her pumpkin for a lot of time this past weekend and spent a ton of time even thinking about decorating it ever since she picked up the pumpkin from the farm. So I'm glad she did win!

Sadly, our "jazzy shark" pumpkin that we did as a family must not have won because we didn't get a call about that one. But if I had to pick which pumpkin should win I would have rather it been my daughter's because if hers hadn't and our other won it would have been a sad day for her!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure