Reading

It typically takes me a little time to get into a book, but once I'm in about 50 to 100 pages then it's easy to keep going. I was just thinking about that last night as I'm about 150 or so pages into the first book in Andrew Peterson's Wingfeather Saga. It just takes a while to figure out the characters and the places and the things talked about. Many times you don't get right into all the action either. But, now I'm to the place where it's easy to pick the book up and read a few chapters at least and want to keep going.

What's my point in sharing this? If you're not a big reader I would encourage you to push through those first few pages... keep going. You'll get to the exciting stuff typically. I would also say just read. It's good for ya. Good to imagine things and think about things in a different way than you do when you watch TV and it's all been done for you.

I'm going to finish my second book by the end of this month for the year. We're already almost to October, so that means I may not get my goal of six books for the year done, but I'll keep working on it.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure