We are so fickle

About this time today, we would have been getting ready to leave for a short trip to Michigan. But, I'm at home instead. After I got home from work yesterday my oldest said her tummy was hurting her and she had a little bit of temperature. So, we canceled our trip. I also decided I would work from home for the rest of the week in case it's anything serious.

It just makes me wonder what things are going to look like as flu season picks back up. What are other people going to do when they have a sick kid? Will everyone stay at home for a few days? Because people are going to assume it could be COVID-19.

Yesterday I wrote about being kind of pumped that we were able to move our day for this little vacation by one day and still stay at the place we wanted because of the weather being rainy. Well, that all changed with a sick kid. Life is like that with some major ups and downs. Yesterday morning I also heard our company had our best sales day ever! We went over our goal. But then hearing my daughter wasn't feeling good and we weren't going to take our little trip brought things right back down. We can be so fickle. 

I'm so thankful we have a God that isn't fickle. He doesn't change. He isn't swayed by the way that we are or by what goes on in our world. He's immutable.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure