What are you excited about?

Right now all my daughter can think about since we picked up pumpkins to decorate is decorating her pumpkin for the Morton Pumpkin Festival pumpkin decorating contest. She's sitting right beside me already this morning and I asked her what she's looking forward to today and that's what she said. She has the biggest smile on her face as I told her that's what I'm writing about this morning.

She has some sticks for arms for her pumpkin. She has some rocks for shoes. She wants to use marigold seeds for her hair. The pumpkin is going to have a dress made of fabric. She's thinking maybe acorns for the eyes. She's been thinking about this a lot since we picked up the pumpkin.

It's fun to see her excited and I need to remember that she's excited about this during the day today to make it fun. There's nothing worse than looking forward to something and no one else really cares. What are you excited about today?

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure