Unplanned project

We've been wanting to fix a leak in our basement and we've been working on trying to figure it out but hadn't really started tackling it yet, until yesterday. That was when we started tearing out some drywall and insulation in the basement. I had the day off again yesterday and we started planning what to do I decided to call my brother-in-law that's a home builder. He gave me the low down on the full project to get the leak fixed and said the first step he'd do at this point was to confirm where the leak is at by tearing drywall in the basement.

So that's what I did yesterday morning. Next Friday and the weekend are going to be the big part. Friday I plan on digging a huge hole in the backyard to the foundation of the house, cleaning the wall, filling any cracks, and then tarring the wall, before filling the hole with a bunch of pea gravel. It sounds like a bunch of work, but we hope we'll eliminate the water in the basement.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure