Generosity

Are you generous with your talents? What kinds of things do you know or can you do? Are you willing to help others who want to know or can't? Obviously, this takes time, but are you willing to give some of your time?

My wife has been encouraging me this week to do this. We were asked by some friends to take some photos of their kids and so we made that happen. It actually didn't take that long and I'm confident we got some good ones for them. Also, my cousin asked me to design a logo for her business so I put some time into that and came up with something that she's going to be able to use.

How much did I charge? Nada. Nothing.

Sorry for those of you making a living in these areas. I know I'm not helping you, but sometimes it's just good to help people out. Believe me, I know what I could charge for these activities. As a freelance art director/designer my hourly rate is not cheap, but I guess I'm not at the place where I'm doing a lot of freelancing these days, and if I get a request to help someone and my wife and I agree to take on the project, we'll try to do it as a way to give back.

What are some ways that you can be generous to others with the gifts and talents you have? Think about it. Maybe you still want to charge for your services. But think about opportunities to just give without receiving if you can. I challenge you to be a generous person.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure