Leave your work when you stop working

Today is the day our first print ad is due to one of our media publications and I've got a little work to go in wrapping it up. It's been in the back of my mind over the last three days as it's been the weekend and I took Friday off to work on a house project. I could have chosen to wrap it up over the weekend, but instead chose my family and the house project instead. I don't regret the decision and it's the decision I typically make as I've learned in the last 20 years, no matter what, work will always be there when it's time to work. No matter how much time I put in at work there will always be something else to do.

Having little kids help with this as well. It's pretty tough working from home to just any old time break away from the madness and start working unless they're all sleeping or it's your planned work time. I wouldn't be able to easily just decide I'm going to work in the middle of a Saturday with the kids and wife at home.

I'm thankful for my work and I give it my all when it's time to put in the time. When it's time to give my all elsewhere that's what I do.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure