Mind glaze or mind a blaze

We played a couple games of Old Maid with our older two last night and they loved it. We're getting to the point where they're starting to get fun to play games with. Baer who is almost 4 thought it was so funny when I took the Old Maid from him and I lost the game.

We're trying to be intentional about doing things with our kids and not letting them watch a lot of TV. Last night we read some books to them and played a couple games. I feel "old fashioned" saying it as much I enjoy watching a movie or show, but there's something much more stimulating about reading, playing games, or with toys.

I've heard of multiple families having their kids earn screen time and I tend to think it's a good idea. I grew up playing a lot of hours of video games as well as watching probably an hour of cartoons after school most days. Even Saturday mornings I feel like I watched a couple hours of cartoons. I understand why as a parent it can be easy to let your kids do it since it gives you time to do what you need to do, but I don't know that there's much learned by your kids most times by watching it or if there are things learned most of the time I don't think it's great stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure