Small town

Being able to find someone that can help you that's trusted and reliable is a big deal. I'm thankful for living in Morton, Illinois where my grandparents have lived since the 1950s and where my dad grew up and my parents live now. There's a lot of people that know either my grandparents, my parents, or my dad's siblings. That goes a longs way when trying to find someone that can help when you're working on a house project or need a car repair or you just need a hand with something.

Such was the case as I'm working on repairing our basement wall. I got a recommendation from our realtor to contact a guy named Billy Daniel who's really good at foundation work. Unfortunately, he's scaling back and wasn't able to help us out with our repair, but he offered to answer any questions I had and provide any resources if I needed them. He also said he knew my parents from church when he came over to look at our wall. I've been able to text him photos as I've been working to ask questions on what to do at the point that I'm at and he's pretty quick to respond with answers.

Last night I wanted to make sure that water was flowing through the tile and it was taking a while for it to flow to the pump so I texted Billy a few questions which he answered and about 30 minutes later I had water flowing all the way through the tile to our sump pump!

I've got more work to do today on the wall. I'm planning to pressure wash the wall and hopefully tuckpoint the cracks with hydraulic cement. We'll see. Getting closer to the end.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure