The job no one notices

We finally got it done. I didn't want to do the project at all. Come to think of it there's a lot of home projects like this. I blame the kids, thinking it's just too tough to break into a home project with them around. So my wife yesterday morning said (and had said a few times last week), "Let's get the ceiling painted." To which I replied in so many words, "No."

So, we painted the ceiling yesterday. Because we knocked out a few walls in our home before we moved in the ceiling had to be redone. We painted it once and noticed that some areas didn't look that great so we asked the guy that plastered our ceiling to go over it again. He ended up redoing the entire ceiling. That meant that we had to repaint the entire ceiling as well. 

My mom and Brittany's mom both graciously watched our kids for a lot of the day. By about 4 PM yesterday the ceiling was painted and we hopefully don't have to do it again. My wife and I think it looks nice, but I don't know that anyone else will ever notice. But, if you come to our house and have read this feel free to say something like, "Wow, your ceiling paint looks really nice!"

It's done. Mark that one off the list!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure