A little change of scenery

I'm sitting this morning with a cup of Pike's Place Starbucks coffee, a blanket over me, and my laptop on my lap. I can hear the rain on the roof. And I just heard our kids' footsteps upstairs. I'm at my sister's place for the weekend with our family for a little getaway.

I think it's supposed to be cold and rainy all weekend, but we'll be cozy in the barn that they converted to a guest house. Our kids will be enjoying playing with their cousins all weekend and I'm hoping for a little relaxing. The wild card is Mac, our youngest, we'll see how he does.

Well, the kids went back to bed, for now, and my wife came down to sit beside me. It's peaceful for a little bit until everyone wakes up. Not sure what all we'll actually do today, maybe some games, maybe some just some conversation. After this year, these little getaways are just a nice change of scenery for a few days, even if we don't get outside.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure