Decorating

We did it. We finally got something hung on the wall above our desk in the kitchen/living area. It's been a point of contention between me and my wife, but we came up with a solution yesterday that we both like. I was planning to build her a pallet wall area with some string that went across it for hanging and organizing stuff that accumulates on the desk and on our kitchen counter, but I was also hoping we would have some sort of basket that we could put some of the stuff in as well on the wall. So, yesterday we decided to hit up Hobby Lobby one more time to just see what they had instead of building something and ended up finding a framed cork board and some baskets that we both liked. Thanks to a little help from my mother-in-law and sister for giving us a little feedback on how to hang it and which baskets to use we got it all hung and we now have a place for some stuff that usually sits in a pile on the desk! 

I remember a co-worker saying that it takes a couple years to finally settle into a house after you move and I think he was right on. I'd say especially with little kids it just takes time to find places for stuff and it takes moving things around multiple times to get them in areas that make sense. It still takes me a while to remember where I put stuff. I'm still trying to remember where I put the matches last week.

We're just over 2 years in our home in Morton now and we're getting there.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure