If you told me...

If you told me when I was in elementary school that I could call my grandparents in Illinois from Kentucky and actually see them on a phone I think I would have thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Here we are 30 some years later and that's a thing. Well, I can't call my grandparents and see them on my phone because they don't own a cell phone, but my kids can see their grandparents on our phones and talk to them "in person". It's kind of funny, because sometimes when we just make a phone call with no video they wonder why they can't see who we're talking to. 

Last night we did a video call with my sister who lives in Alabama. My kids could see her kids and they could show each other things. I feel like this technology keeps getting better and better. For the most part, I could hear her really well. The only thing technology hasn't compensated for yet is how to make your kids' voices when they're being bad disappear so you can still hear who you're talking to. I think it will be a long time until that technology comes out! Hundreds of miles away and we could see and hear each other via video on a phone that fits in your pocket!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure