The end of 2020

So how is 2020 shaking out? Has it been anything like you thought it would? 

It's kind of ironic that one of the things I wanted to work on this year was relationships and it's been a really hard year to meet in person for relationships. I wouldn't say I've done particularly good in this area either, but I have been thankful for the few men I was able to meet with this fall on a regular basis in the mornings to discuss God's word and I hope that I can continue something like this soon.

There are still 12 days left for the year, so there's still time, but we're getting close to the end. One of the other things that I wanted to do was read 6 books. I'm still sitting at 4 right now, with my 5th one being about 100 pages in. I think there's still a pretty good chance I'll get 6 books read.

Writing a kids' book was another goal of mine. It's something I first thought about doing 2 years ago and it hasn't happened yet, but I'm still very interested in making this happen. It's just not going to happen this year. And bible study with my wife has been pretty much not a thing... we did do a little bit together a few different times in the year, but I just don't stick with it. I've been reading on my own depending on what I'm studying. This is something that I want to really work on going into 2021.

The last couple of things I feel like we've made some progress this year. One being regularly working out. This has been mostly thanks to my wife. Over the last month, we've both been running 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's also been partially because of working from home. I've been able to run over my lunch. I also wanted to organize our basement and we've made a lot of progress here along with hopefully a fix to the little water we were having in the corner of our basement being fixed. We've gotten rid of some things down there, hung some cabinets, put things away, organized things. I feel like if we keep working on it over the next 2 weeks we've created a pretty nice second living space down there for our family. We're so thankful to have a finished basement with our kids as another area to play.

Lastly, I wanted to create a family mission statement and it's something I spent some time on at the beginning of the year and I really haven't revisited it until right now. After taking a quick look I still really like the main thoughts here, but I think some of the verses could be simpler references to help us remember them.

This is what I had written back in October of 2019...

We love others more than stuff.
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt 6:19-21

We remember God's word. It is THE way.
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

We need help desperately. Help us receive it.
"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

We obey, for our good and God's glory.
"Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people." 1 Timothy 3:1-2

We thank God for everything.
"Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:20

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure