Time alone or time together

I'm definitely more of an introvert than an extrovert, but I also know that it doesn't matter what I am God made us for relationships. My wife and I had a good conversation last night as we go into time with our families. I realize we haven't seen people much this year compared to years past. It's just been a different year for sure. I also think we'll try to get together a little with our immediate family.

It's easy for me to just want to have time alone during the break or be home with my family. I know that it's important especially for me to try and get out of my comfort zone of "me" and out enjoying time with family and friends. It was a goal of mine to work on relationships and it just doesn't come easy for me. I many times don't even think of initiating a get-together. My wife is more the opposite although I wouldn't say she's a big extrovert. She just really enjoys people and realizes the importance of relationships with other people. She initiates much more than I do.

I think especially with Christmas I just want to spend time with my family and relax and be at home. She'd rather be with her family and friends. I think my thoughts are more selfish. She mentioned why wouldn't you want to be with others other than your family at Christmas and spend as much time with them while you can? When she thinks of Christmas that's what she thinks of. And she's right. I do look forward to time together with family, sometimes I get a little anxious about it, but overall it's always good.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure