When it's down...

What happens when something you rely on heavily all of a sudden doesn’t work? What if that same something is relied on by many other people as well?

As of 2019, 1.5 billion people use Gmail. According to Google, there are 7.594 billion people in the world as of 2018. That’s a lot of people on one platform. YouTube has 2 billion users. 1 billion people use Google Drive. That’s a lot of people using one platform. So why am I talking numbers here? From what I can tell this morning on December 14th Google is down. Google search works, but all of their services are down. That means I’m currently not able to write my blog. I’m writing it in Notes on my computer. I’m not able to check my email, I’m not able to access any drive docs. Youtube is not accessible. All of a sudden what you have been able to access is not accessible at all. Instead of getting to where you normally get to you get things like, “Something went wrong.” and “There was an error.”

We as a culture and world are so dependent on certain services that it’s hard to function without them. It’s how we get our information. Imagine if the search on the internet didn’t work at all? It does or you could find another search engine to use, but what if it didn’t? 

Am I this reliant on the one who created all things? Do I realize He holds all that we have created together by His sovereignty? Nothing that we do passes by Him without Him noticing. When things in this world go down or break God does not. He’s outside of all that is here.

Well, now that I’m done writing my post… Google is back up. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure