Why cry?

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4

One day there will be no more crying. None. I was thinking about this the other day. Why do we cry? We have crying at our house almost every day. No, it's not typically me or my wife, but we have 3 little kids and one of them is usually crying about something. Like one pinched the other or hit them or our littlest one is just crying because he wants something that he can't get himself like food or a toy. What made me think of it though is we were watching a music video the other night that was about Dax Locke a young boy who had leukemia in Washington, IL a town over from where we live and I felt some tears welling up as I watched it. 

I believe there's something within us in how God created us that just senses when things aren't as they should be and we cry or tears well up. We see someone going through pain. We feel pain ourselves. We experience separation whether it's a family member leaving or someone passing away. It's a longing for things to be made right. It seems as though it's a longing for what will someday be made new. As adults especially we don't like the idea of someone seeing us cry. Especially men. It's a sign of weakness that I can't hold it all together. But maybe it's also a sign of longing for Jesus to come back and all to be made right.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure