92

I filled out a life expectancy calculator this morning and it said I could live to 92. My grandpa Al just celebrated his 94th birthday. I'm 41 right now, so that could be another 51 years... which feels like a long time. I also could only live a few more years. I have no idea.

I've been reading Chip Gaines' book called "Capital Gaines" and towards the end, he writes his obituary and talks about how long a life expectancy calculator said he has yet to live. At the time he wrote the book he was 42 which was a couple years ago. He's close to my age. It just got me thinking about the future. What am I getting after? What's important to me?

Last year I got a little fire about having family goals, but it sorta fizzled, and I never finished it... like many things I get excited about. I've talked about writing a kids' book of some sort. I get excited about our rental property in Gulf Shores and the potential there. I do love my job and the people I get to work with at Precision Planting. I get excited about my family. I enjoy photography and video and design and little home projects. I don't always get excited about it, but once I decide to do it I've also enjoyed being involved in guy groups with the church. These are just things that come to mind. I also like to think about being more involved in our little neighborhood. Covid put a real damper on that this past year, but I would like to see us get to know our neighbors better.

So what all will the next 20, 30, 40, maybe 50 years hold for me. I don't know, but I do want to start giving it more thought.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure