A long day of sitting

Yesterday was pretty exhausting. Yet all I did was sit around most of the day. I sat in the car and drove an hour and a half to Philo, IL to attend one of our Winter Conference locations in person. I sat there and listened to the conference for about 6 hours then drove home for an hour and a half again. Then once I got home we watched the NAMA regional conference for an hour and by the time that was over I was ready to be done for the day.

I was excited for the day and don't get me wrong it was good. The day of the conference was great. It's always good to see customers enjoying our content. And seeing work from the ag industry at the NAMA regional event is also good to see. But once it's over, it's over. I typically think we could have done that better still or in the example of NAMA I thought we might have won in a couple more categories. Why am I discontent? Why can't I enjoy the fact that we had a great conference or the fact that we actually did win a first at the regional NAMA event? I mean those are things to celebrate, right? Yes, they are.

There's just something in me that always wants to see things better. There's always room for improvement. There's a longing for things to be perfect, which I believe God puts in us because we were made for a world that is perfect and we broke it in the beginning and we long for it to one day be restored when Christ comes back. That day is coming.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure