Getting shut down

Will they shut us down? How conservative do you need to be in order to be shut down? I've been thinking about this more in the aftermath of what has happened with big tech companies shutting down our current President and others.

I don't know the answer, but as I write I'm using Google's blogging service today. I use Google for a ton of stuff including my email. I use Apple products every day. I'm sure I use Amazon services for hosting purposes. I use the big tech credit card companies. I utilize Facebook and Twitter today. What if they said we don't like what you think about "x" and "y" thing. You're too far right. Would I just be out of luck? Is that coming someday soon?

I'm not trying to create conspiracies at all. Just observing where some of these things could lead. The freedom to express ideas and the open market may come to end for those that aren't aligned with those that make the decisions. The internet may not be a place where all are welcome someday.

But, that day is not today. So for now take advantage of the opportunity to share ideas, create, and learn through the vast amount of information that is out there. Some day it may not be that way.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure