Having kids

Having little kids means that you can't accomplish much right? I'm not sure that that's right. I would say you feel more drained at the end of the day, but I also think that they give you something to fight for. You fight much harder to accomplish things and work hard than you do when you're working only for yourself. There's something similar that happens when you have a spouse.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't always feel like pushing myself. At the end of the day, most days, once the kids are in bed I'm ready to call it a day too. If it wasn't for my family though I don't think I would be driven to invest in a rental property or to learn to build a website, or to have a blog that I try to write in daily or to try to stay somewhat up on politics. 

There's also a burden to teach my kids and share with them. I think that more than accomplishing things and setting goals for myself this is a harder one. I know I need to invest in my kids and help them, but I have a tougher time setting goals in this arena. For instance, working on learning to read and write with my oldest who is 5 right now. Or just coming up with good activities to do with my 5 and 4-year-old. Popping a show on the TV is just too easy to default to especially at the end of the day, though this is probably something we do only a couple times a week. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure