I'd rather not know

Sometimes wouldn't you rather not know. Once you know about something you're accountable to take what you know and do the right thing or choose to do the wrong thing and purposefully be in the wrong.

I feel this way about taxes. I'm not saying that you shouldn't pay them, but some it is so complicated, especially when you own your own business, that if you do it on your own you probably aren't do everything right. It's been a steep learning curve for me with our rental property in Gulf Shores and paying the lodging taxes. We have to pay lodging tax on a monthly basis for the state, county, and city. This number is supposed to be taken from our total number brought in each month. What makes it complicated is that Airbnb pays this for us, yet VRBO doesn't and we're on our own for any private deals. Then we also have to pay this tax on the cleaning fee that we collect according to my understanding.

If I only didn't know it would save me a lot of hassle on this one. It'd be nice to just pay a lump sum at the end of the year on our earnings or something. But that's not how it's set up. Then we have real estate taxes, a business privilege tax, reporting our assets, and more that's all part of the fun of owning a rental property. 

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure