Working at home

It'd mid-January 2021 and I'm still working from home. I've been working from home since April of 2020. It's still hard to believe this has become the new normal for so many people that have office jobs. My new co-workers are ages 5, 4, and 1, and my wife.

My new work attire is sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie with slippers unless there's a Zoom call and then I might put on a button-up shirt. My trips to the coffee maker involve hugs from my kids and catching up with my wife. My breaks in the middle of the day involve running on the treadmill or cleaning the bathroom along with lunch. Sometimes there's the occasional watching of kids while my wife runs an errand. It's all different. My car doesn't get near the number of miles on it anymore.

I have no idea when we'll ever be back in the office again. Maybe in a few more months... maybe next year. No matter when it is it's going to be different when "everyone" is back in the office again.

There's also been people hired and people that have left the company since I've been in the office and it's hard to stay on top of those things as well. There were 2 new employees that I didn't even know we'd hired that I talked to last week for the first time. We hired them back in the fall!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure