The good and bad

What makes a day a good day? What makes a day a bad day?

Yesterday I had a good day and my wife had a rough day. It seems like sometimes that's how it goes when you're married. One of you has the opportunity to encourage the other when the going gets rough. For me, a good day is getting things accomplished and getting positive encouragement from another co-worker. Both of those things happened to me yesterday. My wife had some expectations unmet where she believed she had communicated some things that weren't followed through on that just started her day off a little rough and then it was hard to not let that color the rest of the day.

But, these things gave us a chance to talk more last night than usual before bed. I honestly can't really remember what all we talked about, but it was good for both of us. 

Sometimes we ask the question at our house what was the best part of your day and what was the worst part of your day. It's some good questions to ask. To reflect on the day. To see what we gravitate towards and what we have a tough time with.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure