USB C

Is everything going wireless and USB C (3)? I recently got a new Macbook Pro and the only ports on it are USB C. That's it. Nothing else. No USB, no charging port, no HDMI, no headphone jack, no SD card reader, nothing else but USB C. So now I've been trying to think through all the scenarios that I still have where I need an adapter. So far I've needed to purchase an adapter for my second monitor, for normal USB, and for SD cards. 

The craziest part of this whole ordeal has been that my work computer lost the ability to connect to the internet, so I was given a loaner computer which I didn't install my design programs on. Then I received my new computer and it only has USB C. So until I can get all my files transferred over to the new computer from my old computer I'm stuck transferring files around between the 3 computers. Designing on my old one, working with old files. Using the middle one to connect to the internet and do daily tasks and waiting on these adapters to get myself all set up.

I'm sure eventually it will be fine, but for now it's a pain.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure