15 days since my last post

I think this may be the longest amount of time since I started blogging that I haven't blogged. I have to say I've missed it, but the last couple of weeks with all the work on our newest rental property made it really hard to keep going with a post every morning. It was also hard to decide to start doing this again over the last few days back home with tons of emails to get caught up on and just getting back into life at home.

We did it though. It took us about a week longer than expected, but we finished The Little Lady in Gulf Shores, Alabama. My brother-in-law, sister, and I had a lot of long days last week getting everything pulled together. Some days we were working 16 to 17 hours. We had things like the wrong size appliances that we had to return and purchase new ones. We had appliances that were badly scratched that had to be returned. We had the challenge of not having a truck and needing to have our maintenance guy run these appliances around for us. We had to go to Pensacola, Florida multiple times for windows and appliances because they didn't have anything in Gulf Shores. We forgot things and had to make multiple trips. We ended up having another brother-in-law come back down to help do electrical work. We had crappy weather at the beginning of the 2 weeks. We didn't plan to replace the siding on the house but needed to do that. Plus, we had to replace all the screws in the roof of the house. We also found out our queen mattresses didn't get delivered towards the end of the project so we had to find a place to purchase those. It was one thing after another and many times I was feeling pretty exhausted and emotional. 

Then at the end of our first week down there (we only planned to be there 1 week), my daughter back home was having pain in her stomach and we found out that she had appendicitis and needed her appendix removed. My wife was home with the kids and none of our family was around to help. So, my sister-in-law came in from Indiana to help my wife with our kids while my daughter recovered.

It's been a real learning experience going through all of this. With tons of help from lots of people to pull it off. We had a bunch of guys helping us the first week, and we had others that volunteered some time the second week. We couldn't have done it without everyone pulling together. I'm thankful it's over. Now, hopefully we can start renting it!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you thankful?

Sending notes

Choose your own adventure